Most questions are answered on this page.
If you still have questions or would like to discuss your unique situation, feel free to schedule a call after reading through everything below.
If you already have an existing employer plan like a 401k, 403b, TSP…etc, Click Here.
If you already have an existing IRA at another investment firm, Click Here.
If you already have an existing Crypto IRA at another firm, Click Here.
If you don’t fall into any of the above categories, no problem!
You always have the ability to start a new Crypto IRA, please read below to have your questions answered.
- What is the minimum account balance in order to start an IRA with iTrustCapital?
- How much can I contribute per year?
- For 2020, $6,000 per year if you are under 50 years of age and $7,000 if you are 50 or older.
- How do I make trades once I am set up?
- You simply login to your iTrustCapital account and make trades, anytime night or day. Our platform is live 24/7 and you control all trades, similar to Coinbase.
- I make too much money to contribute to a Roth IRA, can I still start one?
- Can I fund my IRA with Crypto Assets that I have?
- Short Answer: No
- Long Answer Can I fund my IRA with Crypto?
- What is the difference between investing inside of an IRA vs outside of an IRA?
- What is the difference between a Traditional IRA and a Roth IRA?
- How can I fund my IRA once it’s set up?
- Short Answer: Bank Wire or Check
- Long Answer: How to fund your iTrustCapital IRA
- What if I want to open a Traditional IRA and a Roth IRA?
- Every account will need to be setup individually. This means using different emails and different passwords. You will essentially do the full setup process two separate times.
- How about with an ACH Transfer, Debit Card or Credit Card?
- No, all contributions must come in the form of Bank Wire or Check.
- What fees does iTrustCapital charge?
- We have the lowest fees in the industry, feel free to visit our Fee Page
- How do I pay for the fees?
- The trading fees come out of the account balance.
- The monthly fee comes out of a debit or credit card you will put on file.
- After my account gets funded, does it start as Crypto or USD?
- Once your account is funded, it remains in USD until you login and trade. You are in full control.
- What assets do you offer?
- Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ripple (XRP), EOS (EOS) and Physical Gold & Silver. You can see our list here.
- We will be adding additional assets in the future, stay tuned to our Blog and Social Media for news.
- Can I hold the Crypto Assets in my own personal wallet?
- Short Answer: No
- Long Answer: Self Custody vs Institutional Custody
- If I can’t hold the Crypto Assets, who is storing them for me?
- Short Answer: Curv
- Long Answer: Clients receive Institutional Custody through Curv
- Do you have Insurance to guarantee the protection of my funds?
- What happens if iTrustCapital goes down or disappears, what happens to my funds?
- When can I withdraw from my IRA? Note: This is called a distribution
- When I retire and take distributions, do I need to sell or can I take Crypto / Precious Metals?
- You do not need to sell. We do allow clients to take their assets in-kind. This means you can take possession of the assets you have invested with us in the same form (in-kind). You are not required to sell back to USD.
- Can iTrustCapital help me with advice – financial or tax related?
- No, we simply provide a turnkey platform for you to manage your own IRA funds. It’s best to consult with your own Financial Advisor or Tax Professional for those types of questions.
- How can I get started?
Didn’t find the answer to your question?
Read our FAQ,
or Schedule a Call.